May 22, 2011

Late Night Thoughts

It's raining outside. Storming actually. There was a tornado that ripped through a town North of here. Many people are missing. So many times I forget to remember how blessed I am. I forget that if something were to happen here, that people would care about me and wonder if I was ok.

The statistics say that almost 50% of marriages end in divorce. What a daunting number. They were all in love at some point. Were they in love as much as I think I am? I know that sounds awful to say, to think. It's just realistic. Obviously marriage takes work. It takes commitment and something more than just love. Is it possible that some people just work together so well that there is no reason for anything to change? I guess the problem is that you can't stop the change. A couple usually doesn't stay just a couple forever. There are usually kids. There are job changes, moves. No one sees it coming. Especially not on the wedding day. I think it can work, and it does for some people. And most realize what an accomplishment that is. Is it worth it though? Is it worth it to stay with someone for thirty years but not trust that person? I don't have the answers. I don't think anyone does. Everyone has their opinions, their experiences. No one has the exact yes or no answer. You cannot use the scientific method. It is not testable. Just beliefs, feelings, hopes. I can't see what the future holds, but I do know that right now I am one of the lucky ones. All I can do is live day to day being the person I was made to be.

Say a prayer for all the people in Joplin. And for those who are in a place they never thought they would be...and they don't know how to get out. The ones who are breaking inside. It's hard when you put your hope in something besides righteousness, but it happens. To everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment